Marksville woman killed by house fire, started unattended from barbeque grill

AVOYELLES PARISH, La. (KALB) – According to the State Fire Marshal’s Office, a Marksville woman died in a house fire last week that started from an unattended barbeque grill.

The Marksville Fire Department responded to an alarm at 12:30 pm for a house fire in the 400 block of Overton Street. Firefighters and relatives tried to rescue a woman with disabilities from their home, but she succumbed immediately. It is thought that the victim was the homeowner, aged 70.

Official identification and cause of death are still pending with the Avoyelles Parish Coroner’s Office.

SFM deputies stated that the fire started when a barbeque grill was lit and used in the truck’s carport. The grill’s fire ignited combustible materials in the truck, which caused the fire to quickly spread into the home.

Note from the State Fire Marshal’s Office:

SFM suggests grilling outside in areas open to the elements, at least three feet away from any structures or other combustible objects. You should clean your grills after every use. You should ensure charcoal is completely cooled before you dispose of it. Before lighting, make sure to inspect all gas hoses. Before lighting, make sure that the grill cover is securely closed. Finally, you should never leave active cooking equipment or an open flame unattended, even if it’s outdoors.

Report a typo by clicking here In your email, please include the title.

Similar Topics:

Saint Louis BBQ restaurants, Butane portable gas stove, Outdoor grill table, Storage for outdoor grill prep table, bbq table outdoor, Preparing outdoor barbecues, Philadelphia’s Best Korean BBQ, Eight korean bbq, stove drip pans, best springform pan, The best table-top grill, dae gee korean bbq, best restaurant stocks, Wood-grill Buffet, Wall-mounted wood stove, You have to eat korean bbq near me, rh san francisco restaurant, Cast iron gril for gas grill,
Source Link

Marksville Woman dies from a house fire started by an unattended barbecue grill

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *